Friday, May 09, 2008

HOG Day/ Browncoat Karaoke



Last Saturday was a great, if long, day. I picked up my friend Leigh and met Chaos Mandy and Evil Mandy downtown for HOG Day. We were originally supposed to paint low income housing, but were switched to working the afterparty at the last minute. Evil and I checked IDs and handed out free beer wristbands, which Leigh and Chaos staffed the volunteer check-in table. Three hours later and we hopped on board the free trolley to rest our bones and saw the elusive astroturf limo.



Afterward, we went by Free Comic Book Day at Richard's Comics and Collectibiles where we took all of the Stormtrooper, Iron Man, and Silver Surfer photos. We also spread the word a little about UG; it's really too bad I didn't have any business cards with me. After finding out how disturbing Evil's Superman obsession really is, we went to Atlanta Bread Company to chill for a bit before Iron Man.

For those of you who have seen it, I don't have to tell you that Iron Man kicks major ass.

After that we proceeded to Browncoat Karaoke. I made a short video of Patrick & Laura singing Time Warp from Rocky Horror, and the other highlight was all four of us HOG Day volunteers singing Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up.

All in all, a great time was had by all. In all.

No comments: