Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Asian Night

Tonight I met my friend Linda for sushi and we saw The Forbidden Kingdom with Jackie Chan and Jet Li. It was equal parts campy and mythic, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. It reminded me a great deal of a late 80s movies. Mix a little Karate Kid in with Kickboxer and a touch of Army of Darkness and you'll get something approximating this movie.

Sushi was good as always at Sushi Murasaki. I ordered a bagel roll(smoked salmon, avocado, cream cheese), a Clemson roll(spicy shrimp with black and orange maduro), and an asaparagus and avocado roll(this was pretty mediocre).

I also took my boss out to lunch at The Pita House today. He had never been and ended up enjoying the meat dishes greatly, but didn't care for hummus or falafel. I guess there's no accounting for taste. :)

No comments: