Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Laborpendence Day!

What's that you say? You haven't heard of Laborpendence Day, that hallowed day of portmanteau bacchanalian revelry? Neither did I ere a month ago.

My good friend Becky was kind enough to throw a Laborpendence Day party Saturday evening and advised me to bring bottles of brewed and distilled goodies to share. Oh yeah, that's my kind of party. I bought a bottle of Agavero, a tequila liqueur and a bottle of my favorite beer, Gulden Draak, as well as a healthy slice of brie.

I had a great time with friends new and old. I was crowned King of Laborpendence Day. I imbibed a bit too much and ended up sleeping on Becky's couch. All-in-all a pretty good evening.

So, until next year, I leave you all with a drink in hand and a hearty cheer: "Happy Laborpendence Day!"

1 comment:

B. Miller said...

Whoopeee!! Happy Laborpendence Day to you too, my friend! We sure had fun, didn't we?

Can't wait for next year. It's gonna be great!

All hail THE KING!! YAY!!!