Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weekend Update...sort of.

The sort of coming from that this is really a Thursday-Monday update.

Thursday after work a group of us from UG went to see The Dark Knight at midnight. We actually had a tailgate party that started at 11:00pm out of the back of several of our vehicles. Hot Krispy Kreme donuts, coffee, sodas, chips, and cookies made up the snacking implements and I made sure to intake caffeine, nicotine(smoked a pipe), and a bit of sugar(had 1 donut before the movie) to help stay awake. I thoroughly enjoyed the film. I'd go into further detail, but since the media is going crazy about TDK at the moment, I'll refrain. Also, after the showing Evil Mandy and I were interviewed by our local Fox station for the 5am news. I didn't get a chance to see it, though. :(

I didn't get to bed until 4:30am Thursday night and had to get up at 7:00am the next morning, so as you can imagine it was a drowsy day fueled only by multiple energy drinks (5). After work, I met up with Evil Mandy, Leigh, Jo, Good Mandy, and John for bowling, which was a lot of fun. I was exactly in the middle of the score for both games. Afterward we ate at Denny's. I look forward to bowling again hopefully soon. I then passed out from lack of sleep around 10pm in my computer chair. At some point I moved to my bed and turned the light out.

Saturday I slept way later than I intended - from 10pm Friday until 2pm Saturday. So, I missed the Wings of War tournament I wanted to go to at The Command Post. Not a lot happened that day, other than going over to my parents for a few hours. At least I won't have to do that for a couple of months now.

Sunday was the Firefly Event over at Laura & Warrens, and I spend most of the morning preparing a Beef Korma. I also made a Moong Dal and Saffron Rice after I arrived. It turned out okay. Spent some time with a few good geeks and also two that seem to get on my nerves a lot lately. I think at least 75% of the reason for that is them, but it's probably also 25% me as well. I had a pretty good time and stayed too late.

On Monday I called in a personal day and spent the whole day moping around on the net. It was a waste of a day, but it feels like it might have recharged my batteries.

On to the rest of the week. I might get together with Linda on Thursday to see Hellboy II and Friday night is D&D with the guys.

1 comment:

B. Miller said...

Don't feel bad about taking Monday off. Everybody needs a chance to recharge.

You had a full weekend! Sounds like you had a great time.

Sunday was fun. We should definitely do it again sometime.