Monday, July 07, 2008

Thanks, guys!

I've spent the past hour or so reading the blog of a friend on UG that I've recently caught up with after nearly ten years of falling off each other's radars. This has caused me to thinking about blogging in general and my little blog in particular.

I started this blog a few years ago (my second or third attempt at blogging) and like the story always goes, start posting regularly at first but then months go by with no updates. No one really read it, so I had very little motivation for blogging other than having a timestamp for my thoughts and experiences.

These days, I have a small handful of actual friends who read little ego-journal and I wanted to say thanks for reading and especially for commenting. It is very encouraging for me to know that someone I respect and/or care about has taken time out of their day to see what's going on in my mental magic-8-ball.

THANK YOU!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know everyone reads my baking blog, but I also have a personal blog... not sure I ever told you, and a lot of the more interesting stuff is friends-only. I've had it since 2003, and my posting has waned, as have my readers, I think. But I still plod along, even if sometimes all I do is review the books I have read.

Iaidragon said...

I know that I don't comment often, but I'm always here, reading.

You know that I care, dude. I'm just a talker rather than a typist. Call me if you need anything...

(Actually, call me anyway... :p )

~Andy

David E. Galloway said...

Jenny, I've seen your personal blog, but since I don't have a LJ I guess I don't see the interesting stuff. Maybe I should remedy that.

Andy, thanks man. I'll give you a call after work today.

B. Miller said...

I'm always happy to read your blog. To read any of my friends' blogs, actually. My life is so crazy right now that sometimes the only way I can feel immediately close to my friends is to read about what's going on in their daily lives. It keeps me up on what, at least, they're willing to share online.

Plus, I think you're the shiznit. Yeah, I said it. Yeah. ;)