Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween Party


We had our annual Browncoat Halloween Party at Laura and Warren's house on Saturday. Megan and I showed up early and helped with some of the setup. I made a Halloween mix cd, she made a broccoli salad, and she also brought cups, napkins etc.

Highlights:

1. I won runner-up in the Male costume contest. I wore my Renaissance Faire Scot outfit with pre-tartan kilt, cutlery, and a leine for a shirt. Megan wore a very fetching tavern wench type costume with a fake bodice that was very attractive.

2. Warren's homemade Applejack - I'm not sure what the entirety of the mix consisted of, but I know there was a lot of Jack Daniels, Apple Cider, and Cinnamon. This was my main beverage of the evening, and it fit the fall theme perfectly. Since we were leaving shortly after midnight, I drank this freely from 6pm-10pm and switched over to diet soda. That seemed to be the sweet spot for drinking when I know I will have to drive eventually. I got a very light buzz for about an hour and it slowly faded. By the time we left I was fully awake from the caffeine and ready for the 45 minute drive home.

3. Spinach Artichoke dip. Yum! I mainly snacked on this and the brie all night.

4. Rock Band. The group playing overall was not very impressive, but I got a lot of oohs and ahhs when I joined in playing guitar on Expert. No one else was apparently able to play at a difficulty higher than Medium, which was kind of sad.

I always have a great time at any event at Laura and Warren's house.

No comments: