Thursday, March 12, 2009

House Update

I guess I should give all four of you an update.

We’ve taken possession of the house. It’s not painted yet. We’ll probably do that on Saturday. Tentatively I plan on moving in the Saturday after that.

One of the drawbacks of the $8,000 first-time homebuyer tax credit is that you cannot efile with that form until March 30th, so I won’t be getting the refund back until around April 15th. So that will delay the housewarming party as I won’t have most major appliances or a dining room set until after we receive the refund.

5 comments:

ChaosMandy said...

Yay for the house :) I think we can all wait for a housewarming party

Unknown said...

Speaking of someone who has not yet had her housewarming party almost a year later, just take your time and know that friends never expect your home to look perfect! (Or even furnished, here's to hoping!)

I'm thinking of having a yardwarming party. Once I get a fence. Ha!

ChaosMandy said...

We never had a housewarming party -and we've been in our house for 3 years.

I'd love to have a party though - maybe for Emily's first birthday :D

David E. Galloway said...

That would be shiny. I'll make sure to offer rides to Greenville folk if you decide to have that party come October.

B. Miller said...

There's at least five of us, 'cause I know you weren't counting me, hee.

Congrats on the new house! :)