Sunday, November 22, 2009

Low-key Birthday

Didn't do a lot of my birthday this year, which was really nice actually. Last year I had a great time with several friends out at Dougal McGuire's pub and then off to see a movie, but this year I wanted something subdued.

I went out Friday night at 7pm to see 2012 and hang out by myself for a few hours. Disaster movies are my guilty pleasure, so I loved 2012 and would like to see it again, however unlikely the story is. After that I went to a Waffle House (first time in years) and had a Texas Cheesesteak Sandwich with Hash Browns Scattered, Smothered, Covered, and Capped. Afterward I drank coffee, smoked my pipe, and was pulled into random conversations. I didn't get home until 1:30am.

Saturday, my actual birthday, started out with me sleeping in late. Which was great. Meg and Josh went to run errands and I napped on the couch catching up on V and watching various movie halves. They got back and Megan got one of my favorite dishes for lunch - smoked gouda and bacon macaroni and cheese from Travinia Italian restaurant in Greenville. I then went out to rent Star Trek, and bought myself a new wok for my birthday. I came home and we watched Star Trek, I seasonsed my new wok with chives and pork fat, and then we watched GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra, which had fun explosions and interesting fake technology but atrocious dialogue.

All in all, a pretty good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I started to get real income.
It gets down to select a correct partner who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the income with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]